The disposition of Hon. Onawo to say the least is a character that is all embracing enterprising, humble, generous and amiable. That is why he has received many awards from various organizations and societies, some of these awards includes:-
- The ward of friendship; friend of the Nigeria Student. Awarded by the Nigerian Student Association (NANS 2004)
- A Certificate of Honour for community Service; awarded by the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (Nasarawa State chapter 2004).
- Merit Award for Examplary Leadership; awarded by the National Science Student Association, University of Jos, 2005.
- Ambassador of peace 2009
- Certificate of Honor for Excellent Performance in National Development and Promotion of Education in Nasarawa State and Nigeria at large; awarded by National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS zone c, 2005)
- Merit Award for societal Development and upliftment and standard of living of Rural populace; awarded by Nasarawa State Association (NASSA 2005).
- Award for Good Governance; by the student Union government of the Collage of Agricultural Lafia. 2003.
- Certificate of Appreciation; by Literacy Enhancement programme-United Nation Agency for international Development, 2004.
- Best speaker in Nigeria 2005; selected by the Leadership development center Abuja.
- African Meritorious service Award for Good conduct, presented by Africa international Media Organization.
- A platinum partner and member of the 700 club, Anglophone West Africa (for Humanitarian reasons)
- Best speaker North Central Zone (2006/2007), presented by the rotary club International, Lafia.
- Award for Educational Development by ERRC Secondary School, Azuba.
- Nelson Mandela Gold Award for Leadership; by pan African Transparent Leadership Center.
- Patron, Federal Road Safety Commission (Road safety club)
- Patron, XPAT promotions ( a Non-governmental Organization) etc.
Hon. Onawo also holds the following Traditional Titles;
- Turakin Doma
- Ublenyi Attah 1 of Ugaga Kingdom, Cross River State
- Wambian Rutu
- Zanuwan Annah
He is instrumental to the citing of government projects in his constituency in particular and the State at large.